Friday, February 7, 2014

Help Finish Breast Cancer

You have been hearing the buzz around the interwebs about #runDonna! What is it? When is it happening? Well, let me help! 26.2 with Donna is the nation's Breast Cancer Marathon! What I love most about this race is 100% of the proceeds from registration and fundraising donations go toward breast cancer treatment and research! 100%! Since it's first run in 2008, #runDonna has contributed more than 3.5 Million dollars to beneficiaries. 70% of the proceeds go to the awesome folks at The Mayo Clinic who use the funds to further their already incredible breast cancer research! They are among the leaders in this area! The remaining 30% of the proceeds go toward The Donna Foundation, who's mission is to help provide breast cancer patients with critical financial needs!

How could you not want to support such an awesome cause?

This year, The Donna falls on the same day as the runDisney Princess Half Marathon and The Gasparilla Marathon. All three of these races are in Florida and competing for your registration and participation. As awesome as Princess and Gasparilla both are as races, if you Run Donna, you'll be making a difference in someone's life! People depend on The Donna and the funds they raise! The goods news is, you don't have to choose which race to run!!!

26.2 with Donna is offering a new program this year, the virtual race! Virtual runs have become increasingly popular over the past year, and Team Donna is bringing the breast cancer marathon to your door, your neighborhood, and your life!

So how does it work? You can click here to register right now! There are both half marathon and marathon distances. You'll have until March 2, 2014 to complete your run. There is a fundraising commitment of $150 dollars in addition to the either $30 registration for half marathon or $50 for marathon. Think of that as a complete registration for any race. When you do the math, it isn't that much more...and the funds go to the Mayo Clinic and The Donna Foundation as with all races! Upon finishing you'll receive the beautiful finishers medal and your finisher's certificate! This really is a great opportunity!

I can't wait to get to Jacksonville and run this amazing race with some of my closest friends! I know I've been on my Boston excitement, but right now it's all about The Donna! This is an amazing race, with amazing people who are behind it making it happen! I am happy to be part of the team! See you at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment