Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chicago Marathon - American Cancer Society





I love to give back to charities and causes! Nothing makes me happier than to know that I can use my blessings to help someone else. My grandmother always (and still does) remind me that you can't receive blessings with a closed fist. I have done lots of fundraising and participated in various philanthropic endeavors in the past, but whenever I can combine that with running...I mean how can that be bad?

This year in October, I will be running the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. I have joined the American Cancer Society's charity team as a proud member of Team DetermiNATION! I chose to team up with Team DetermiNATION because my life has been touched by cancer in so many different ways. Effecting friends, family, loved ones, and taking lives way to soon. Cancer Sucks! I want to do my part to make sure people that need treatment, therapy, and other services can receive it. I am confident that one day this disease will no longer exist. Until then, I will run to help save lives.

You can help me! You can help others! Since I am running with a charity, my entry is contingent upon reaching my fundraising goals of $1,500.00. Just think, with that money a child can get the treatment they need, a mother, a father, spouse, brother, or sister can have one more day of treatment. You can help make a difference. I am doing the hard part by running 26.2 miles in the Windy City. Please find it in your heart to donate to this cause and help save a life. No donation is to small.

Plus there is a chance for you to win some stuff! I will be giving away two $50.00 INKnBURN gift cards! If you donate, your name will be entered to win one of these gift cards!

Interested in donating? CLICK HERE! Thank you so much in advance for your support! Truly, I mean that from the bottom of my heart. To those of you who have already donated, THANK YOU!

With Love,

Linz

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are running for charity again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eel bad for the retired people who worked hard all their life. They r the ones who built America. They will be blasted financially by people who r able bodied and refuse to work and r now getting free healthcare.
    spider vein treatment chicago

    ReplyDelete