Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Product Review - Wave Sayonara



I have to take a few minutes to thank the good folks over at Mizuno Running! About a month ago, a member of their team (HI SETH) messaged me and asked if I would be interested in giving their new shoe a try... the Wave Sayonara. I haven't had the pleasure of running in Mizuno shoes before, so of course I accepted. I did some reading on them, and found out this was one of their new release shoes that hadn't even come out yet. I received it two weeks before the street release date! That itself was enough to make me do the hokey pokey and turn myself around!

The first thing that caught my eye was the color! The strong blue and electric yellow on this shoe are incredible! They will absolutely get you noticed. The second thing that struck me was how light the shoe was. It weighs in at just over eight ounces! I couldn't wait to lace up with them.

Now typically, I wouldn't run a half marathon in a new pair of shoes that hasn't been 'broken in' yet. But these shoes were different. After I tried them on, I knew my feet had found their solemates in these shoes. The shoes felt like it molded and adapted to my foot. After some test jogs, I knew these shoes would perform with absolute excellence...I was right.

I ran two half marathons a week apart...and I PR'd both of those races. The first race I PR's my 10K time which was so incredible, and the second race I PR'd the half marathon with a time of 2:00:41, which was a 4 minute improvement. I LOVE THESE SHOES!

When I run in these shoes, I feel light, I feel fast, and I find that my landing is a lot lighter. For a 'performance neutral' shoe, these shoes sure do measure up! Truth be told, these are probably one of the best pairs of shoes I have run in. And I hope they stick around for a while, because I am a huge fan and plan on having many more pairs.

So, Wave Sayonara to your old shoes and those old personal records, because with the new Mizuno Wave Sayonara...you'll be saying hello to improved performance in style!

Thank you again, Mizuno!

Oh by the way, the thoughts expressed are my own.

1 comment: