Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Headed to the Golden Gate



Well, it's almost here! One of the races I have been looking forward to all year! We all know I am not afraid of a challenge...and the San Francisco Marathon IS a big challenge. This will be my first time taking on this race and I couldn't be more excited.

Reasons I am excited for this race:


  1. I get to run on the Golden Gate Bridge in both directions! I am a Southern California native, and I have seen the bridge from afar in my past trips to the city, but never go the chance to see it up close...now, I get to run on it. And, well...I just think that is SO COOL...and you should too :)
  2. This is marathon number 3 this year! I can literally remember the days when I would sit and say 'I will never run a full marathon.'...yeah, those days are over.
  3. I get to see an awesome city on foot! Like any city you visit when you go for a race, the best way to see the sights and culture is by running the streets! San Francisco is a city full of culture, life, and possibilities and I can not wait to unlock each and every one on my run!
  4. I COMPLETE The LA/SF Challenge! There is literally nothing like seeing your name on the qualifier's list for that sexy piece of bling! I literally smiled from ear-to-ear when I saw my name on the list! I can't wait to collect that medal at the finish line!
  5. I get to reconnect with so many friends from social media! That in itself is a wonderful thing!
  6. Ghiradelli chocolate and runs in Golden Gate Park! I want to reward myself with all the chocolate things from Ghiradelli and go on a fun run with some friends in Golden Gate Park. Marathons are more than just about the race...they are about the people. Making connections and sharing stories and laughs! That's what makes these events special!
Bring on the home of Rice-A-Roni! Bring on the hills! Bring on the trollys! Bring on the wharf AND the Embarcadero! Because I am READY! 

Are you running this race? Are you as excited as I am? Anyone else earning this medal in addition to the marathon bling? See you on the Golden Gate!


3 comments:

  1. How exciting! The race bling is awesome, but running the Golden Gate is going to be AMAZING! Wow...enjoy every mile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that medal! The Golden Gate Bridge will be epic! Have fun and enjoy it, I know you will, good luck!

    ReplyDelete